Getting comprehensive medical attention after a car accident is critical. Even if you feel okay, you should still be evaluated for internal injuries and other conditions that may not be immediately apparent. Chiropractic care is an important part of the healing process, as it can help to realign the spine, relieving your pain and restoring your mobility.
At Premier Chiropractic in Federal Way, we're here to guide you to healing through personalized chiropractic care. Our chiropractor can assess your injury and recommend effective solutions to get you on the road to recovery.
Possible Injuries After a Car Accident
- Concussions: When an accident occurs, the force of the impact can cause the brain to collide with the skull. This can lead to a concussion, which is a type of traumatic brain injury.
- Neck injuries: Whiplash is a common injury that occurs due to the sudden and forceful jolting of the head forward and backward. This can damage the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in the neck.
- Back injuries: The spine can be susceptible to injury in a car accident. Herniated discs, for example, can occur when the discs that cushion the spine become damaged and rupture. This can cause pain, numbness, and weakness.
- Shoulder injuries: The impact of a car accident can cause the shoulder to be dislocated or broken.
- Chest pains: In some cases, the impact of a car accident can cause bruising of the ribs or even puncture a lung.
As we mentioned earlier, even if you don't feel pain immediately after an accident, it's still important to seek medical attention. Internal injuries may not be apparent right away, but they can still be serious.
Chiropractic Auto Accident Injury Treatment
At Premier Chiropractic, we offer a variety of treatments to help our patients recover from auto accident injuries. These include:
- Spinal manipulation: This is a common chiropractic technique that involves applying controlled pressure to the spine to realign the vertebrae.
- Massage therapy: Massage can help to relax muscles that are tight and sore. It can also increase blood flow and reduce inflammation.
- Therapeutic exercises: These exercises can help to improve the range of motion and strengthen the muscles that support the spine.
- Nutritional counseling and lifestyle advice: Eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise can help the body to heal more quickly. Our chiropractors can offer advice on how to make these beneficial lifestyle changes.
We recommend chiropractic auto accident injury treatment because it's a holistic and natural approach to healing. We also believe that it's important to treat the whole person, not just the injury. Our goal is to help our patients not only recover from their injuries but also improve their overall health and wellbeing.
Visit Premier Chiropractic in Federal Way for Auto Injury Treatment
If you've been in a car accident, we encourage you to visit our office for treatment. We'll work with you to create a custom plan that addresses your individual needs. Call (253) 677-3711 to book an appointment with our chiropractor.